Saturday, July 01, 2017

Comedian Celeste Barber shows how "normal people" pose compared to celebrities & models.

The Australian standup has amassed 1.8 million Instagram followers with posts that contrast celebrity fashion shots with her real-life reenactments

Celeste Barber’s Instagram parodies started as a joke between the Australian comedian and her sister before she put the pics online for everyone’s enjoyment.

- source

* * *
Celeste Barber: 'I get miffed with fashionistas thinking they are better than others'

The parodies are cheeky and funny – and speak volumes about the depiction of women in celebrity culture. And while it all started out as a joke exchanged between Barber and her sister before she put the pics online for everyone’s enjoyment, she’s also thrilled they resonate a deeper level.

“I never started out for it to be a body positive thing or be like, ‘fuck yeah’. It was always like, this is how celebrities get out of the pools [and] I’m like no, t-h-i-s is how you get out of the pool.”

Even though it’s unintentional, she’s happy for the images to be seen as a comment on sexism in the media. “I totally identify as a feminist, but I’m even more so now without knowing I was one. All of a sudden, I’m like oh yeah, I’ll march and shit, because I’ve got a voice.”
- source

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...