Friday, April 29, 2016

It’s just a cloud that comes along and covers me up

Michael Rosen's Sad Book

This is me being sad. Maybe you think I’m happy in this picture. Really I’m sad but pretending I’m happy.


I’m doing this because I think people won’t like me if I look sad.
Sometimes sad is very big. It’s everywhere. All over me. Then I look like this.

And there’s nothing I can do about it.

What makes me most sad is when I think about my son Eddie. I loved him very, very much but he died anyway. Sometimes this makes me really angry. I say to myself, “How dare he go and die like that? How dare he make me sad?”

Sometimes I want to talk about all this to someone. Like my mum. But she’s not here anymore, either. So I can’t.

I find someone else. And I tell them all about it.


Sometimes I don’t want to talk about it. Not to anyone. No one at all. I just want to think about it on my own.

Because it’s mine. And no one else’s.

Sometimes because I’m sad I do crazy things — like shouting in the shower…

Sometimes I’m sad and I don’t know why. It’s just a cloud that comes along and covers me up.
It’s not because Eddie’s gone. It’s not because my mum’s gone. It’s just because.



Where is sad? Sad is everywhere. It comes along and finds you.


When is sad? Sad is anytime. It comes along and finds you.

Who is sad? Sad is anyone. It comes along and finds you.

source

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...