Thursday, January 21, 2016

Postmodern Jukebox (& Tambourine Guy)

- source:
Scott Bradlee, the brains behind Postmodern Jukebox (PMJ website) , and a cast of both regular and evolving vocalists, musicians and other performers (tap dancers! tambourine players! a 7-foot-tall clown!).

Bradlee:
“When I started this project I had no work at all. I’d moved to New York City and was trying to be a jazz pianist and working hard to get gigs. But people weren’t particularly interested. And even when they did show up, they weren’t interested in the music I was. I thought that’s what it is to be a musician.”
“I discovered some people were putting their musical experience on YouTube. I thought this was something I always wanted to do, putting modern music into ragtime, and the first video went viral and I’ve never looked back.”

As Bradlee puts it, “We’re a musical time machine.”

The night’s high point for me included the high energy antics of Tambourine Guy AKA Tim Kubart. Want to grin like an idiot? Watch him in action here:


*


*


*

*


*


*


see also: YouTube channel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...